Impala Forums banner

Aftermarket Turn Signal Sounds?

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RossoRacer 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! So after installing my new aftermarket Pioneer radio, I realized how much I miss the turn signal and chime sounds in my Impala, is there any way I can get my sounds back and have them work with my aftermarket stereo? A module perhaps? Thanks!

#2 ·
Hello and welcome! Please stop by the member introductions section and tell us some information about your car (PS we love pics of impalas even more).

the device you're looking for is something like this (i used this one 8 years ago on my 2010 and had no issues with the unit): https://www.walmart.com/ip/SCOSCHE-...GM-LAN-Stereo-Replacement-with-Chime/26978037

there may be a volume switch on the unit, i had set mine to high and it was VERY clearly heard...annoyingly loud when at low volumes at times. but at least i didn't forget my keys in the ignition.

#4 ·
With the car running it gives no chimes. Car off and the chimes sound with the door opening. It is reasonably loud so it should catch your attention that they are in the ignition.

I had it on a 2010 but since you had the same style radio from the factory (if i remember correctly), i think it would work on a 12.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yes, but there are adapters available to "restore" them (they will sound different than stock, but at least work).

Not trying to "push my wares", but if anyone is interested, I do still have a few plug-and-play, OEM-look DVD/navigation units that I need to put up for sale. I'll try to put them up for sale "officially" in the near future, but PM me if interested before then - I'll give you a good deal. I have a few Advent OGM-1's, a Rosen GM1210 and a few Rosen GM1010's. I recently sold one of the Advent OGM-1's to another forum user and he seems to really like it (you know who you are if you want to comment!). With these plug-and-play units, everything just works (warning chimes, turn-signal sounds, OnStar, XM, etc) - no adapters needed.

#13 ·
Or you can stick with a radio that the car was designed to work with, haha. Then you don't lose the sounds in the first place. :p At least y'all aren't trying to put those things into Jeeps, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.