Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put an aftermarket deck into my 2002 impala but I was told I need a 100 dollar wiring harness for it? Is that true? I wanted to do it myself will this prove a difficult task?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I want to put an aftermarket deck into my 2002 impala but I was told I need a 100 dollar wiring harness for it? Is that true? I wanted to do it myself will this prove a difficult task?
Do you have bose or onstar? Bose has an damp in the trunk between the rear speakers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had just stock speakers but I swapped out my stock 6-9s for Sony explodes which I'm going to replace with Polk audio. I do have onstar as well. I want to put in 2 12 in kickers in the trunk. Any of this info help?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I had just stock speakers but I swapped out my stock 6-9s for Sony explodes which I'm going to replace with Polk audio. I do have onstar as well. I want to put in 2 12 in kickers in the trunk. Any of this info help?
You do NOT need to replace the deck in order to add subs to the audio system. I used a pac line converter. You hook it up to your rear speakers (after the amp) and hook the rca's to your amp. An aftermarket deck will be better quality/power but, will cost much more and be alot more work. I am happy with my line converter for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts