Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a 2007 Impala with bose I want to install a double din is there anyway I can get away from buying the expensive pac harness its like 100 bucks I just want my radio and factory amp and speakers to work i dont want onstar or chimes to work. I was told I can use a regular metra harness and hook up the amp to power up directly but not sure to to do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i looked they are 100 bucks I went to some shop they were telling me i can use a regular harness and just connect the factory amp wire of the factory harness to the radios remote wire and the would power up the amp i like triggering it but im not really sure how to do it.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
I've heard that you NEED the PAC. I guess yours are more expensive. For 7 gen Scosche is $100, but like $50 on ebay.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You only need the PAC one to keep the gm/onstar chimes. There's been many many many people that have run a reg harness and lost the chimes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks impss07 no i dont care about the chimes or onstar just because i have bose they told me it wouldnt work with a regular harness that the amp wouldnt power on so i woul get no sound i found A Metra harness 70-2105 it says its for integrated amp harness you think that would work or know any harness that work with bose?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't remember which one works with the bose. I wanna say it was a PAC one also, but not the same as the one that retains the chimes.

Oh and if you're worried about keeping the steering wheel controls then follow the link Troublemaker posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts