Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a 2003 Impala LS. I got a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD (which is a flip up dvd player) and when i installed it, it wouldn't turn on. I bought it brand new and i'm positive that it's installed correctly so I don't know why it won't work.

I was thinking that there is some kind of security system on my car that gets activated when the stock radio is removed. But I really don't have a clue why it won't even respond. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
well i installed mine yesterday i got a 2000 impala 3.4. i had the same issue drove me crazy for about an hour til i realized i needed to plug in the door chime speaker or it wouldn't work (i didnt care if the chimes were there). thats how i solved my problem. not sure if that is your case, or whether or not yours needs the door chime speaker and special harness. hopes this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, I have a 2003 Impala LS. I got a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD (which is a flip up dvd player) and when i installed it, it wouldn't turn on. I bought it brand new and i'm positive that it's installed correctly so I don't know why it won't work.

I was thinking that there is some kind of security system on my car that gets activated when the stock radio is removed. But I really don't have a clue why it won't even respond. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.
i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PPLS TELL ME ABOUT THE TUNER BOX? DID U HAVE THE TUNER BOX IS NEED TO BE CORRECTLY EQUIPEED TO TURN ON THE RADIO I HAVE THE SAME AVH AND COMES WITHOUT THE TUNER BOX CAN U TELL ME PLS IF U GOT IT TOO AND CAN GIVE ME THE MODEL NO. PLS THXS

·
Registered
3 Posts
re:tuner box

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PPLS TELL ME ABOUT THE TUNER BOX? DID U HAVE THE TUNER BOX IS NEED TO BE CORRECTLY EQUIPEED TO TURN ON THE RADIO I HAVE THE SAME AVH AND COMES WITHOUT THE TUNER BOX CAN U TELL ME PLS IF U GOT IT TOO AND CAN GIVE ME THE MODEL NO. PLS THXS
it's still not clear if the tuner box is needed i spoke to pioneer recetly and they say no i speak to local shops they say yes
i tend to wanna believe pioneer but we all know what happens when you outsource ya labor it becomes like a box of chocolate:smile:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is getting convoluted.

Impala_Man

Did you use an adapter harness for the GM Radios? If not, let me know if you have OnStar or not and we'll get you the part number you need.

stevo1390

That's because power is routed through the chime box on the GM harness. If you don't plug in the box, you'll have no power to the radio.

kiori

If you're having issues with your radio, please make another post. Don't hijack someone else's thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just spoke to a tech at pioneer regarding the pioneer avh-p5000dvd

the tuner box is needed to power the avh-p5000dvd or it wont come on

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
the tuner box is needed to power the avh-p5000dvd or it wont come on
The single cable coming from the radio going to the tuner box, I see that. So there are two pertinent questions.

A) is the tuner box plugged in?

B) did you buy the GM adapter harness for the radio to install it?

On a sidenote, any RADIO that has the RADIO TUNER externally is plain retarded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts