Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 impala without the Bose system or onstar. I went to my local audio shop and asked for a wire harness for the aftermarket radio. I expected a cheap 20 dollar harness but they tried selling me this 129 dollar harness that retained all the chimes and stuff. They said they didnt make one of the cheaper harnesses for my car. Can anyone confirm this because I found this online.

Metra 70-2105 Radio Wiring Harness for Impala/Monte Carlo 2006 and Up:Amazon:Car Electronics

Will that work ok?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so that part you listed for non-bose and non-onstar will act as the wire adapter to factory harness and retain chimes and R.A.P? I purchased the steering wheel control adapter also. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22808_Axxess-ASWC.html

That is for steering wheel only and does not act as the wire adapter for the factory harness, just an addition correct to retain the volume control ect, correct?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
yes and yes the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-01 connects the aftermarket stereo to factory wiring harness and keeps the chimes and rap. The only function of the Axxess - ASWC it to connect the steering wheel controls to the stereo. Both will be needed to install a new head unit and keep the steering wheel controls.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
No problem! good luck and lets see some pictures of the impala

·
Registered
1 Posts
So wat if u have onstar but u really don't care for it could u be able to used the other wire harness or u still have to used Axxess-GMOS-LAN-01?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
also PAC has a "PAC C2R-GM29" for the non Onstar w/ or w/o Bose aftermarket install that keeps the chimes & data running as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
without bose or onstar - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19876_Axxess-LC-GMRC-LAN-01.html

with onstar without bose- Axxess-GMOS-LAN-01

with bose and onstar-Axxess-GMOS-LAN-02

If you don't have bose or onstar you need the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-01 to keep warning chimes and retained accesory power.
I have the LAN-01 that was installed at a shop for my old 08 LT with onstar and w/o bose. when i traded in the car i unplugged everything and kept it until i recently got a 13 LTZ with onstar and bose and i plugged everything back in and it seems to all work. i tried calling crutchfield and she couldn't tell me if I needed the LAN-02.

TLDR; GMOS-LAN-01 is working on a Bose equipped Impala, am I missing anything by not getting the LAN-02?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts