Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a MAF sensor by both JET Performance and VENOM (I'm sure there are others out there too..)

They both claim to be up to 45% less restrictive than OEM MAF sensors, and a must have if you have a cold air intake and/or exhaust system installed. :dunno:

Does anyone know if they make that much of a difference to justify the price of getting one?

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
They require those additional mods because they are "calibrated" to lie to the pcm about airflow. Complete garbage.

The factory tuning is a little rich at wide open throttle, what aftermarket MAFs try to do is lie to the pcm and under report airflow to try to trick it into leaning out a little for more power. Lying to the pcm is a BAD BAD idea especailly when reprogramming the pcm to command the proper air fuel ratio plus get the added benefits of tranny and spark tuning cost LESS.

Consider PCMperformance.com will cost less and gain more. Maybe the FWD guys will have other tuning shop recommendations too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

I did hear about PCM, but never reasearched it. I was looking at Over Kill Motorsports reprogrammed computer (http://www.getoverkilled.ca/products.html) for a while, not sure if it would void any warranty I have with the vehicle.

Either way I did plan on upgrading to one of those intake systems by ColdAirInductions (or attempting to make my own), and some sort of new exhuast system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts