Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Kensun halogen to LED conversion kit in my 16 impala. When I turn on my brights, the lights don’t get any brighter. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was just curious i have a16 ltz and mine are factory HID i did know that the ls has normal headlights but i would have thought the LT would have had HID to

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hey indyimpala16 i am not familiar with the brand that you are using but i have sngl in my 2014 and no issue with them not getting brighter could it maybe be the brand?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Lets just set this straight right here. The lights on a 10th Gen will NEVER get brighter with high-beams (or brights). It is the same 1 way bulb with highs or lows. The only thing that will change is the direction the light is being directed at. If you do not see a difference in heights or aiming of the headlights when using your "brights" then the mechanism (shutter) in your headlamp is broken.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently installed a Kensun halogen to LED conversion kit in my 16 impala. When I turn on my brights, the lights don’t get any brighter. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Dont know much about LEDS but I have been doing some research on HIDs and some HIDs actually have a solenoid at the base of the bulb that retracts the bulb into the base to redirect light for high beam operation instead of using shutters in the headlight assembly. So there is an issue there for HIDs if not installing a required whats called a bi-xenon bulb you can loose operation of high beams. I would check you have the correct bulb for your application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts