Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an aftermarket, double din, touchscreen GPS navigation system for my '04 impala ls. when i went to install it i realized that it didnt fit in the area where my factory stereo use to be. not only does it protrude 3 inches towards the driver, it also will not fit when i try to reinstall the dashboard/bezel.
So, my question is, does anyone have a list of GPS navigation dvd aftermarket radios that will fit?
i didnt realize that the car has a 1.5 din stereo. but it seems like nobody makes 1.5 din aftermarket radios with GPS navigation.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i looked at the pioneer avic series but they seem to be the only 1.5 dins radios out there? i dont want to pay $1000+ for a car navigation radio. is there a Dealer navigation radio, like delco/delphi, that could possibly fit in the '04 impala?

Does anyone know if the flip out type of navigation system fit in the '04 Impala?

does anyone know the dimensions of the space where the factory stereo sit in? (lenght, width, height)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Delco nor Delphi came out with a factory nav unit for these year vehicles unless you are drivin a Caddy.

One of the biggest problems you will run into with a flip out screen is the lip of the dash at the top of the radio sticks out a good inch or more.

I wish you asked this question on Saturday cause i had the dash torn apart putting in my Pioneer AVH-P4000 dvd player in.

Hope this helps you out

·
Registered
19 Posts
what kind of gps/navi head unit do u have? i have a 01 impala an have the pioneer avic double din navi head unit an love it. it fits perfectly in the car.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I got my AVIC D3 for $400 used... best $400 i have EVER spent on a car radio!!!! Ive owned a few 500-800 ones in the past,this blows it away...
Find one thats 1-2 yrs old imo, best bang for the $..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts