Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Impala Connoisseurs,

I am planning on upgrading the speakers in my LT for Christmas.
Right now I'm using the stock head unit and stock speakers, with a Kicker 15" sub, if that means anything.

My budget to work with probably caps out at 300, but I'd love to hear any suggestions above or below this number.

Basically, what would be a good upgrade option? What brand / what system is compatible with the Impala wiring....

Kind of a noob when it comes to speaker mods other than subwoofers, but I know it's pretty simple... Just need steering in the right direction of a good system to purchase.

Thanks (sorry for the length)

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
FIRST OFF I WOULD CHECK CRUTCHFIELD. Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras
I'M NOT TOO FAMILULAR WITH THE 8TH GEN IMPALA BUT I LOVE ROCKFORD FOSGATE!!! I'V ALSO HAD GREAT LUCK WITH KICKER AND SOME JL AUDIO. IF IT WERE ME I'D GO WITH...

REAR: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

FRONT: Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT CHIME IN THAT HAS DONE WORK TO A 8TH GENS SPEAKERS. ITS JUST MY 2 CENTS...

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Yes crutchfield is quite pricey but nowhere near as bad as the local stereo shops around where i live.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
i like sonic electronix

crutchfield.com is way over priced
i've browsed sonic when i was looking for my gmos-04 that i eventually found it on amazon for $28, but never bought anything from them. I'd like to change my speakers and head unit out for something higher quality. As of now i'm stuck with the dual speakers from advanced auto cause my factory speakers crapped out on me when i was flat broke.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a place I can get a good price on electronics locally... I just needed help with brands/ speakers compatible with the Impala

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Every brand is compatible?

Its a positive and negative wire to the speaker so i really dont get what your asking.

Just get a good component set for the front and a good coaxle for the back.

The easiest way for you would be go to Crutchfield.com and enter the info for you car.
They will tell you what will work for your car. Then look at the customer reviews and ratings and pick some speakers you like then purchase them through your source you have.

I would get a 6-3/4inch component set for the front.
That will come will a 6-3/4inch mid woofer for the door.
a tweeter for your pillars
And a crossover.

Then get a good set of 3way coaxle 6x9inch speakers for your rear deck lid.
Those will have the tweeter already mounted in the center of the speaker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts