Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to install a back up camera on an 9th generation '14th Impala WITHOUT modifying the 8" my link screen?

·
Registered
568 Posts
So just to be clear -- did you ADD a camera to your system or replace the factory one?

If you replaced the factory one - did you have to rewire everything or did you just cut and splice with the new one?

Does the rear bumper cross alert system work? (or does your LT not have that option?)

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
So just to be clear -- did you ADD a camera to your system or replace the factory one?

If you replaced the factory one - did you have to rewire everything or did you just cut and splice with the new one?

Does the rear bumper cross alert system work? (or does your LT not have that option?)

Thanks
Didn't replace anything just added the camera using the interface and harness supplied, no splices. Only had to drill hole in trunk where it looked like the square intention is, I'm assuming, for the factory camera, if it had one. Don't have the sensors in rear bumper.
I do have a slight issue. There seems to be some interference because I'm getting a few lines about 2" on the left side of screen that flash up and down the side.
I talked to their IT dept today and I've got one that hasn't had the latest update flash yet. Got a replacement interface box that should take care of this. Seems to have good customer service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TLC, where did you locate your interface module? Mine's (2014) probably going to be in the driver compartment under the dash, and the cable's not really long enough. I've got some time to think about it because they're sending me a replacement module because the reverse picture times out after three seconds and then shuts down. Very frustrating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts