Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to TAMPA TUNING, only to get a response back saying he cant tune OBDI cars.... I know my car has had the original engine swapped for the LT1, and I am assuming they also swapped the computer.(Only reason I have not checked is because its under the Air Intake Heat Shield, for now I am just being lazy, but when it comes time, I will do what needs to be done .) What advice does anyone have for tuning, should I buy my own handheld tuner and learn myself... Last buble chevy I had, I read up on some of the "How Tos" of tuning an LT!, so I would definetly need to refresh . Or does someone know of a good shop or person who can tune for a decent price ??? I want MAX TORQUE and GAS EFFICIENCY, anything else will just be icing on the cake ..... Thanks for your input .:eek:k3:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
pcmperformance.com is who I use
That said any tuner is going to need to know exactly what is done to the car if you want the tune to be right.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to find a casting number or vin on both the engine and PCM so I will know what they came out of . But I really have no way of knowing what gear ratio I have . I DO have POSI, but who knows if the dude before me switched the gear ratio . I will do my best to find out as much as I can before going to a tuner . I guess the website you gave me I will ship my PCM into them . I wish I had a shop that I knew and trusted . Thanks For the INFO !:beer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts