Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dare a Deer to get in my way now....lol.

Just installed this Go-Rhino push guard yesterday (3-31-09).Took me three friggin hours to install.Only cuz i have limited tools and made a mistake that i had to reverse and correct.Other wise something like this could take a mear hour to install.No cutting,no drilling,its pretty much a plug and play mod.

Thought i'd share for thouse who may give a shit.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Super Moderator
3,902 Posts
Ask a body man what they think about those things.

Probably help if you hit a turkey, but do MORE damage if you hit a deer. :eek:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea i looks good on that wimpala.... i want one for my 6th gen also not 4 the deer fatcotr ( even though i do live in colorado ) just for the cop look alike factor and the extra horsepower it gives u of course lmao :biggrin::eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
whenever you drive behind someone do they slow down like your a cop? cause if they dont they will now. that happens to me all the time especially at night.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looks good. Way better than the other bars available for the 00+ models.

If I hadn't bought an LS, I would have bought a 9C1 or 9C3

Supposedly the extra weight over the front wheels helps steering input in the winter... not sure how true that is.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Two reasons for the install/addition of the push guard.

1) The Impala just does not look real aggressive in the front end.With out the PG it just looks like any other white Impala out there.This Go-Rhino takes care of this issue real quick lol.

2) More front end protection...In the past with my last car (2003 P71 Crown Victoria) My wife had hit two good sized Deer in two months time (i have pictures to prove this if anyone would like to see).The Go-Rhino PG saved my car from WAY more damage on both accounts.

I would not make this claim if i did not have pictures to prove this.

Yeah i do have some people who will go like 5-10 mph under the speed limit while i am behind them.Honestly it gets anoying,esp when i am trying to get to work at a certen time.Thankfully this Impala has enough snap to get me by slow moving traffic in a hurry :biggrin:

I got my push guard from (Galls.com).Although after doing some searching on Google.I found another website who sells the very same PG at a cheaper price.Galls list price was $236,this other website had it listed for $179.Man that was a real kick to the nuts lol.Live and learn i guess :redface:

Thanks all for the nice comments!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Danny Boy, I was JUST logging into the forums to ask around about these push bars. I've been thinking of getting one ever since I bought the car, just hadn't set aside the monies yet.

FleetSafety.com sells them for $209 + shipping, and thats where I've been looking at. Curious to know who sells them for $179???

My 9C1 is identical to yours...good thing we live a thousand miles away :)

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't remember the name of the site but i will try and find it again.I basicly found it through Google,just can't remember what i typed into the search box that brought up that site.I do remember that it started with an 'S' or SW' something.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea if i ever own a fwd impala ( hopefully 9c1 ) id put the push bumper on to let people know that u might be a cop ....... except the people that get way scared on a 1 lane street and do like 20 mph in a 30 lol:biggrin:

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah needless to say i have to pass alot of slow moving people lol.Mostly in my morning comute to work.

After work coming home i pretty much take it easy.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man honestly i tried like hell to find that site and could not find it again to save my life lol.Really sucks cuz they had that PG much cheaper.

I got mine through Galls.com,maybe the Go-Rhino website may have it cheaper.Sometimes its better to buy direct from the company who makes the product.

Sorry i could not be more help :frown:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice link.

It says it fits 03-08 Ford police models. Are you sure this is compatible with the 00-08 Impalas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks awesome man! I want to put a push bar on my 2005, but I'm having a hard time finding any info of which one to use or how to install it. Can you shed any light please?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts