Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new here and happy to have a 2002 impala ls 3800.

my problem is that when i want the air to come out of the dash vents only, it sounds like it is blowing into the dash. the flow is week, and it also comes out of the driver side floor slightly. and always seems to blow onto the windshield.

any thought or help given is greatly appreciated. happy driving.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Likely a plugged up cabin filter (under wipers on exterior of car) or possibly a vacuum leak.

Reactions: marijubud

·
Registered
96 Posts
follow the small vacuum line from the intake to the harness it runs to by the battery. sounds like you have a vacuum leak and mine was right by the battery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet thanks for the help. its really annoying. ive been told i had a vacuum leak. ill look at that line asap.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yup that's a common vacuum line to break and will cause the loss of direction control.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, look over along the passenger fender, there is a small plastic line running from by the firewall, down to the battery, then it loops back into the wiring behind the overflow tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input. i found what you were trying to tell me.
photo 1.PNG

while i didnt find a leak (im no mechanic) i did find this.
photo 2.PNG

which goes here.
photo 4.PNG

photo 3.PNG

if this is getting annoying i understand. im taking the car to the mechanic on thursday. thank you for the help. i am having multiple problems only a year and a half into ownership and only 118k miles.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Marijubud, I'm sorry you've been experiencing these concerns! If you would like any assistance working with your Chevrolet dealer towards a resolution, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm available via private message on the forum and happy to research your best next steps with you whenever you want.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That box the wire is going to is the cruise control, so while it is an issue, it appears to be a separate one.

Reactions: marijubud

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, my cruise works. So I'm not worried about it too much. Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts