Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 LT 3.5
Got the dreaded clicking noise today. It only happens when I put the drivers side temperature gauge all the way down to max cold. if I roll it one notch "up" the clicking goes away. can anyone help identify which part this is?? looked at parts diagrams and can't seem to find it. part number if possible. it sounds like its coming from directly to the left of the radio. entire dash has to come apart to replace this? does anything need to be programmed? match the angle of the door to the one I take out?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Search on here or Youtube for a Klowny1969 tutorial video. I've replaced the drivers bda on my '12 Impala. Yes, it's just to the left of the radio. I just removed the bottom knee panel and went up/accessed it that way. Can't remember the part#, but the drivers, pass. and recirc actuators are all the same part#. The mode/vent actuator is different. Iirc, the 2-3 mount screws are 5.5mm (7/32"). You can line up the new/replacement motor to match the old motor by jumpering the terminals off a cordless battery. I just used a couple of alligator clip wires and the car battery. Rockauto or Ebay Motors for parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced it. Acdelco part from amazon. What a royal pain that was!! Need a very tiny ratchet and 5.5 socket. Worst part is trying to lay in a position where you can get to it. Oh and needing a 3rd hand to shine the light!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search on here or Youtube for a Klowny1969 tutorial video. I've replaced the drivers bda on my '12 Impala. Yes, it's just to the left of the radio. I just removed the bottom knee panel and went up/accessed it that way. Can't remember the part#, but the drivers, pass. and recirc actuators are all the same part#. The mode/vent actuator is different. Iirc, the 2-3 mount screws are 5.5mm (7/32"). You can line up the new/replacement motor to match the old motor by jumpering the terminals off a cordless battery. I just used a couple of alligator clip wires and the car battery. Rockauto or Ebay Motors for parts.
All done. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Worst part is trying to lay in a position where you can get to it.
I suppose, having installed many radios as a teenager, I got used to getting under the dash. Push the seats all the way back, and hang your feet by the head rests :) But it was a lot easier for me at 18 than at 58 :)

Glad to know you got it fixed.

BTW, while it's always good to have an excuse for buying new tools, a 7/32" socket is almost exactly 5.5mm.

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 07 Monte Carlo SS 5.3L only clicks when I go from fresh air to recirculate. Is this actuator the one to the left or right of the glove box? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Replaced one in my 2007 went okay. Then replaced another that one didn't go okay. Lost a socket and a bolt, went into never never land. Finally after days of swearing I took it to a younger more limber guy who got it. My days are over for that kind of stuff, 69 on my next birthday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts