Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 Impala LS

When I park the car at night I arm the alarm.

When I go to the car the next morning this happens :

I go to disarm the alarm... nothing happens. Open the door... no dome light comes on. The alarm doesn't go off.

All that's on is the clock on the radio and the little red blinking light.

I turn the key to the ON position and everything comes on as normal again and it works for the rest of the day until it sits again for a long period of time (several hours or more).

When I turn the key the alarm goes off for just a split second (a half a honk) just indicating the alarm has now been tripped but turning it to ON disarms it right away before it can finish one honk-length.

Speak slowly, I'm a noob. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If it helps narrow down what the cause is I have these possibly related problems:

Electronic door locks non-responsive.

The security light issue everyone seems to have from time to time which now happens more often since replacing the battery. I disconnect and reconnect the battery and everything goes back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
May be related to the BCM (Body Control Module). Not sure how to test it though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow-up:

Still having this issue, but now since replacing the battery when it happens I can fix it by hitting unlock on my fob. I don't need to turn the car on or disconnect/reconnect the battery.

In the last couple weeks (since it got warmer at night) it has *not* happened except when I leave the keys in the ignition for a while. Perhaps at that point it's just the battery rundown protection, though? Different issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I would look at the BCM and/or a relay that it controls. A relay may be hanging up when it is cold since it is not doing it as much on the warmer days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts