Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.5L MFI FFV OHV 6cyl
My AC works great, but I turned the heat on yesterday morning and it only blew cold air. In the evening I turned the AC back on, and again, it worked great. This morning, no heat again. All the fluids are good. Any thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I have a 2011 Chevrolet Impala LT 3.5L MFI FFV OHV 6cyl
My AC works great, but I turned the heat on yesterday morning and it only blew cold air. In the evening I turned the AC back on, and again, it worked great. This morning, no heat again. All the fluids are good. Any thoughts. Thanks!
Your car has dual heat controls? Have you checked it on the passenger side?

With dual controls, there will be two hot/cold blend door actuators, one for each side. I'd be surprised that both have failed. But it's possible.

My first step would be to try to verify they are working correctly. Maybe have to get under the dash and feel or listen to them turning when the hot/cold knob is moved.

After that, I would get under the hood and verify the heater hoses are properly connected to the firewall. That is, if it's not the hot/cold blend doors, the next step is to make sure there is coolant flow thru the heater core.

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you. You guys were right. I have heat on the passenger side but the cold blowing out of the drivers side made it to cold to notice the difference until I held my hands over each side with vents open or closed.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Thanks to both of you. You guys were right. I have heat on the passenger side but the cold blowing out of the drivers side made it to cold to notice the difference until I held my hands over each side with vents open or closed.
So you probably just need a new driver's side actuator.

Here are my notes on this:

<<<
actuator for blend doors and recirc:
GM# 15844096
ACDelco# 15-75317 (aka 1575317)

>>>NOTE: 15844096 replaced by 22754988 <<<

>>>

Pricing will be in the ~25-35 dollar range.

You can access it by removing the trim over the driver's legs. The spec calls for a 5.5mm socket, but 7/32" works pretty well :)

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts