Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday it was rainy and my traction control turned itself off and my ABS light came on and it read me the message "Service traction control" or something or the other. Well I got down the street. Turned my car off and back on, and everything was fine...

Has anybody else had this happen? Whats up with that? Is it something I should be concerned about?

PS

Its an 01 Impala (3.8). Just in case you needed to know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was having exactly the same problem. After reading on here, I decided to replace both of the front hub assembly's. While I had it apart, I also replaced the brake pads and rotars. Problem solved.

Anyway, I still think there is something minor wrong with the ABS, because I can feel the ABS not working correctly all of the time... but I think it's a seperate issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yesterday it was rainy and my traction control turned itself off and my ABS light came on and it read me the message "Service traction control" or something or the other. Well I got down the street. Turned my car off and back on, and everything was fine...

Has anybody else had this happen? Whats up with that? Is it something I should be concerned about?

PS

Its an 01 Impala (3.8). Just in case you needed to know.
Been there and done that...you need the wheel bearing hub assembly replaced. It costs $500 to $800 at most shops, but make sure you're not getting the cheap Korean made bearing!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if youre any good w/ tools its just a glorified brake job, hardest part is breaking the 13mm bolts loose that hod the hub and removign the axle from said hub, just did one litterally 15mins ago :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts