Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
thanks! but lol no my car used to b a cop car outta chicago and they mustve drilled a hole in the trunk lid. and at the same time they cut the stock antenna in the rear window. so i ran a new antenna wire from my stereo to the trunk lid to fill the hole. my reception still sucks sadly lol

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ My rims were badly corroded and chipped up. I was about to scrap them they were so bad. I first cleaned them with soapy water then dried them. I then spent about 2hrs on each wheel with a scotch wheel on a drill, palm sander, hand sanding, and a fine wire brush around the bead area. Then cleaned with rubbing alcohol. Painted about 4 light coats of duplicolor gloss black then, 2 coats of duplicolor wheel clear coat. I am happy with the results but, I could have done more sanding. Atleast twice a year I have to do some touch up around the bead. It is hard to get a good coating around the bead with the tires still on. Next time I paint rims the tires are coming off. Paint jobs are ALL about prep, prep, and more prep.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
just realized i had the same pic on there twice my bad. but i want to plasti dip my rims. i think plastic dip is one of the most amazing things in paint lol if u dont want it. it comes off! i want to plasti dip my rims like g25 painted his. im from indiana and the car was a cop char n chicago and the corrosion has stopped since i had the car havent realy known how to clean alum rims but i try and keep em clean. not sure on black or a silver color yet tho. oh and idk if yall say this but i like to show them off lol:

carbon fiber plasti dip kit!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Next time I do rims the tires will come off like I said. And personally I would plast-dip them first as it sticks way better than paint does then, paint over top the plasti.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
that sounds good. i was thinking about doin like that to.

res and u bend delete done! i replaced the muffler a few months back that his old genius of an exhaust guy gave me. its a turbo muffler and it realy helped throttle response. for $65 im not very please. he quoted me $40 at 1st. old bastard. oh well. now when i rev a good amount (no tac cant say what rpm range) it has this raspy ricer-ish sound but not annoying af cus its not a fart can muffler.

i believe its a dynomax muffler

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
that sounds good. i was thinking about doin like that to.

res and u bend delete done! i replaced the muffler a few months back that his old genius of an exhaust guy gave me. its a turbo muffler and it realy helped throttle response. for $65 im not very please. he quoted me $40 at 1st. old bastard. oh well. now when i rev a good amount (no tac cant say what rpm range) it has this raspy ricer-ish sound but not annoying af cus its not a fart can muffler.
Did you get an actual res delete or just go down to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a section of pipe? This is what I did. GM designed these resonators like crap. They put the joint section on the top so, it collects water there and starts rusting. I think I paid $50

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
the old bastard put in a piece of pipe from the cat back. and put an o2 sensor on it 90 degrees from orig. i think he charged me so much because he was saying b4 we did it that in order to delete the u bend the whole exhaust would have to be moved down 3 inches. i kept politely arguing with him and when he saw i was right i think he got pissed lol. also i think he put on a 2.5 inch inner diameter pipe on instead of a i think 2 inch inner diam pipe.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I'm not trying to be a D!ck but "pipe" is always measured I.D.
So you don't need to label it as such. Just fyi.
Delete post

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
the old bastard put in a piece of pipe from the cat back. and put an o2 sensor on it 90 degrees from orig. i think he charged me so much because he was saying b4 we did it that in order to delete the u bend the whole exhaust would have to be moved down 3 inches. i kept politely arguing with him and when he saw i was right i think he got pissed lol. also i think he put on a 2.5 inch inner diameter pipe on instead of a i think 2 inch inner diam pipe.
You should have just bought a new downpipe. No ubend and an o2 bung 90 degrees from original position. Has your cat been replaced recently?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm not trying to be a D!ck but "pipe" is always measured I.D.
So you don't need to label it as such. Just fyi.
thanks for the fyi bro! since im an exhaust expert and all...

but no it was cheaper to do it this way. one day ill replace the cat possibly. but ive looked into it and ive read that its pointless to do it so it turned me off to the idea. one day id like to redo the entire exhaust with some real good stuff. but i also plan on putting a turbo on it lol. loooong term goal.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
:WTF:

I just gave you some info so you wouldn't sound like a tool in the future.

If you wanna keep sounding stupid... Keep saying/doing what you know. :clap:

Peace

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Calm down guys

Cin: No my post

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
one day id like to get a 3 inch downpipe cat-less. with an o2 sensor plug in simulator. with 3 inch pipe all the way back possibly dual with probly a flowmaster muffler. not sure. just spit balling atm lol

41 - 60 of 157 Posts