Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found an article on BBEngineering. they say to use an acrylic bowl and stuff like that. but what i did was found 2 cheap tail light assemblies with harnesses on ebay and bought them. im gonna cut that bowl out and use that to make it more of a uniform look cus ive noticed how when people do that mod the center 2 lights look brighter than the outer. this bugs me.

i know there is a way to make the 2 new lights into turn signals and do the progressive turn signals. (like the newer mustangs and some older cars) i know they sell the 3 light ones but i only of course just wanna use 2. is there a part for that? or do i have to make something?

im also gonna try and keep the reverse lights in the same spot also.

ill keep yall posted. im pretty excited about it haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i was lookin for something to make it sequential. i ound this for the corvette c5 or c6. Sequential Turn Signals
thing is. the part costs more than all the other stuff i bought for this job combined. id there a cheaper product out there?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
check out webelectric they make kits for 2 bulbs thru 4 bulbs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let us know the parts you are going to use

I want to keep the factory back up light as well
i went on ebay and found 2 tail light assemblies (fairly cheap considering it was ebay. but u could g2 a local salvage yard and look around) and then im going to use a drumel to cut the light housing off of those assemblies i purchased. then on the center taillight piece (the piece that holds the reverse lights) use a drumel again to cut out the circlular reflector (dummy light as i like to call it) around the reverse light. then on that part im going to drumel off the dome piece that holds the reverse light. ill glue that n place where the white circle is on the center taillight piece with some plastic epoxy. and probly find some other way to hold it n place to. and then drill a whole in the new light bowl to run the wires straight back thru a grommet. i may have to modify the harness that goes to the reverse light. hope not *knock on wood*. then use plastic epoxy to hold the new light bowl n place. and put it all back together.

i got the majority of the ideas from here: Impala Quad Tailight Mods

i dont want to spring $40 for a drumel so im going to buy the drumel bits and us them on my drill. hope it works. :hope:

also im replacing all the incandescent bulbs with led bubls so i wont have to worry about them goin out and having to mess with ne of it again. i also plan on sound deadening my drunk. so the space behind where the center taillight assembly sits is goin to be filled with poly fill (or covered by a sheet of metal depending on how much work i feel like doin when i get around to it) and covered with a dynamat like material i got at lowes for a fraction of the price :yahoo:

check out webelectric they make kits for 2 bulbs thru 4 bulbs.
thanks ill check it out.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
the drill may not be fast enough to make a clean cut, try on an area that you will not be using first.

·
Registered
325 Posts
ok so i was lookin for something to make it sequential. i ound this for the corvette c5 or c6. Sequential Turn Signals
thing is. the part costs more than all the other stuff i bought for this job combined. id there a cheaper product out there?
Try radio shack for the parts you need, you can find the how to on YouTube

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the drill may not be fast enough to make a clean cut, try on an area that you will not be using first.
ok thanks. will do. if all else fails ill buy a drumel and return it afterwards lol

Try radio shack for the parts you need, you can find the how to on YouTube
ill check out whats at radio shack hope itlll b cheaper than the couple sites i know of

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they sent me a wrong tail light.... might have to wait till i get payed to buy a drumel kit to start everything

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I must've missed it, but what year Impala are we talkin' about? :dunno:

Just so ya know... It's Dremel :eek:k3:
i got ahold of the ppl and they said they mustve made an inventory error. theyre sending me the right one.

and oh my bad. i was just goin by what ive heard ppl pronounce it as lol. but its a 2003

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sadly things are being postponed cus im so friggin broke atm... maybe n 2 weeks when i get paid again ill continue eveything. daman

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just fyi y'all. if u want to replace your turn signal bulbs with led bulbs. the front ones are 3157. whole the rears are 3057. ive had to return about 3 sets of leds due to that and other issues that i had before i found the right set.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally got a dremel! bday present lol. so far i have one tail light cup removed. workin on the 2nd one. probly goin to use a good epoxy to hold it to the center piece. running the wires will b fun but im pretty good at that so thisll b fun!

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Look forward to seeing the finished result! Also, pics of the process!

1 - 20 of 157 Posts