Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that he GTO has 97 more HP and is a sport coupe but I really like the SS but which has better acceleration? handling? and ride? what is the 0-60 times for both of them and the top speed?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pontiac GTO is defenitely going to be much faster in all fields. It is supposed to be a sports car, while the Impala is more of a family car (not saying some family cars arent fast)

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you really want the details of the two vehicles you are looking at, I would suggest you start at Consumer Reports automotive, and do the comparison setup. You can also do that here in Yahoo automotive, or MSN, or Car and Driver.com or Road and Track.com... and probably a few more sites that I dont normally look at...lol. If you are going to need to haul more than 2 people with any sort of regularity, go ahead with the Impala. If you want the thrill and future potential of the GTO being a collector car, go ahead with that, but remember, a good collector car does not really get driven a lot. So if you need a mover, the Impala is a good choice. I own a 2004 with the base 3.4 liter V-6 and am very happy with it.
Good luck.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTO for acceleration and handling. Impala SS for ride.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I saw a video once that had these two cars in a race. It was the father driving his G.T.O on a new mexico highway and his two boys followed in his(the fathers) impala ss. When the dad looked over and saw the boys he punched it,and then the kids punched it,and then the race was over the chev looked like a yugo compared to the pontiac.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw a video once that had these two cars in a race. It was the father driving his G.T.O on a new mexico highway and his two boys followed in his(the fathers) impala ss. When the dad looked over and saw the boys he punched it,and then the kids punched it,and then the race was over the chev looked like a yugo compared to the pontiac.
I am a former 2006 GTO owner and I can say from experiance the GTO will destroy the Impala SS in stock form. Now I am new to the SS world so I don't know what kinda mods are out there but the GTO didn't have much of a variety.

FYI....only sold the GTO because we had a little girl. GTO not family friendly. Anyway, I am looking at an Impala SS to replace the GTO and have test driven a couple. So far, looks like an 08 with 15K on the clock is going to be the winner.

I would have never sold the GTO for the Impala SS, except for the logical day to day use that the Impala brings. Don't get me wrong, I love the SS. But from a performance standpoint, it doesn't compare to the GTO.

JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts