1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Every new or renewed idea has to start somewhere. Sad that the diesel version will only get 42 mpg. In Europe those 2 L motors are pulling 60 to 80 mpg easily. No reason they can't be used here as well. Well other than the government says it would give them less of the road tax from the sale of fuel.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Every new or renewed idea has to start somewhere. Sad that the diesel version will only get 42 mpg. In Europe those 2 L motors are pulling 60 to 80 mpg easily. No reason they can't be used here as well. Well other than the government says it would give them less of the road tax from the sale of fuel.
Not to mention less profits to the Oil traders in New York, and their oil tycoon bosses. All of whom will do anything to keep us using regular gas.

·
Banned
667 Posts
DIESEL is more expensive per gallon between $4.50 and $5.50 per gallon here (and changes a lot) so even though it gets 45MPG it's still even on the cost. in the long run Regular gas type of car is cheaper.
I seen Regular gas at 3.49 or so, while DIESEL was 4.99 per gallon .

Regular 87 octane is only $4 per gallon.

cost me $54 (was @ 1/4 tank) just to fill up with 89 octane the other day but I am getting better mileage so it's not a big deal. 20-21MPG city highway, 35MPG freeway.

I only fill up every two weeks when I get to 1/2 tank.

Please no bs about using 89 octane the car prefers it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts