Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post here. Ive been having a problem with the a/c on my 2008 impala. It doesn't blow any cold air. I've changed all 3 blend door actuators and the ambient temp sensor and still nothing. Compressor turns on and off every time it's clicked but no cold air. I've tried looking everywhere online and can't seem to find the answer. Freon is full and been flushed out and replaced with new. Everything worked fine before it just quit out of no where. Anyone run into this before or what should I look for?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post here. Ive been having a problem with the a/c on my 2008 impala. It doesn't blow any cold air. I've changed all 3 blend door actuators and the ambient temp sensor and still nothing. Compressor turns on and off every time it's clicked but no cold air. I've tried looking everywhere online and can't seem to find the answer. Freon is full and been flushed out and replaced with new. Everything worked fine before it just quit out of no where. Anyone run into this before or what should I look for?
You say the compressor is turning on. When it comes on, does it stay on for a while? Or does it cycle off after only a few seconds?

You replaced 3 blend door actuators. There are four on most of these Impalas. Which ones did you replace. Do you have separate hot/cold controls for the front passengers?

When you flushed the system, did you replace the orifice tube / expansion valve?

Do you see any ice buildup on the low pressure line?
I had a no-cold-air issue on my F-150. Turned out, the (single) blend door was broken. The actuator was turning the shaft, but the door was stuck open (to the heater core) so I was always getting hot air.

I doubt that's the case here, but something else to consider.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How cold is the ambient air temperature where you are ?
It's crazy right now from 20-60
You say the compressor is turning on. When it comes on, does it stay on for a while? Or does it cycle off after only a few seconds?

You replaced 3 blend door actuators. There are four on most of these Impalas. Which ones did you replace. Do you have separate hot/cold controls for the front passengers?
Both on passenger side and one on the driver side, double checked the other day and made sure they were working including the door. And yes it has the separate controls

When you flushed the system, did you replace the orifice tube / expansion valve?
No either wasn't replaced

Do you see any ice buildup on the low pressure line? No ice build up
I had a no-cold-air issue on my F-150. Turned out, the (single) blend door was broken. The actuator was turning the shaft, but the door was stuck open (to the heater core) so I was always getting hot air.

I doubt that's the case here, but something else to consider.

Doug

·
Super Moderator
10,955 Posts
Only reason I ask is that mine will not blow cold air if the ambient air is colder than the cold air it can produce.
Does that make sense.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.