Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Happy to have joined and come across this forum.

Hoping to get some advice from you all.

I have recently acquired a 2015 Impala LTZ.

The air conditioner works a charm for the most part except when sometimes while driving or even when the car is idle,it starts blowing warm air, almost as if the AC has switched to fan. I suspect it has something to do with the compressor? (I am not confusing this with the Bluetooth call feature that reduces fan speed, but am talking about the actual cooling effect itself.)

Dealer said everything checks out and no issues. Strange.

Another issue is that my front left door speaker has blown and I am looking for the replacement number for the part. (Bose System)

Any info and tips would be much appreciated along with any routine issues and snags to watch out for!

Thank you all.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’d take ur car to a shop and get the ac freon recharges probably low.

As far as the door speaker, hit up a junk yard you’ll probably have some luck in that dept. not sure the part #

I do know it is a 6x9 in the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone,

Happy to have joined and come across this forum.

Hoping to get some advice from you all.

I have recently acquired a 2015 Impala LTZ.

The air conditioner works a charm for the most part except when sometimes while driving or even when the car is idle,it starts blowing warm air, almost as if the AC has switched to fan. I suspect it has something to do with the compressor? (I am not confusing this with the Bluetooth call feature that reduces fan speed, but am talking about the actual cooling effect itself.)

Dealer said everything checks out and no issues. Strange.

Another issue is that my front left door speaker has blown and I am looking for the replacement number for the part. (Bose System)

Any info and tips would be much appreciated along with any routine issues and snags to watch out for!

Thank you all.
My A/C had to be recharged when my air was blowing out hot.

·
Registered
888 Posts
i doubt this is your issue but did you know after over 170k on the car if you dont change your cabin filter you wont get much cold air

ask me how i know.

cant hurt to check it since takes 5 minutes. i'm actually too cold now and carry an electric blanket to plug into the rear receptacle........ ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
also the car does have strange fan ups and downs. dont ever use AUTO if you dont like that kind of thing. but even yesterday just driving down the road the fan noise changed on me. i just accept tis a strange car .

wait till you find out how the trans shifts. thats fun! thankfully the new one i got at 140K resolved the issues

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I’d take ur car to a shop and get the ac freon recharges probably low.

As far as the door speaker, hit up a junk yard you’ll probably have some luck in that dept. not sure the part #

I do know it is a 6x9 in the door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2015 Impala does not use Freon as a refrigerant.

The OP stated the a/c “works a charm” - so the system could not be low on refrigerant if it works fine most of the time. It is possible the system is overcharged, causing high refrigerant pressures and the compressor to be turned off intermittently as a result.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
One thing I can add about the filter change is you might want to slide a piece of paper or thin cardboard underneath the filter before removing it. That way if any junk falls off the filter when removing it, it won't fall down into the blower fan which can and will cause noise.
I recently changed the filter on my 15 Sierra and I didn't use anything under the filter, just pulled it out. When I was done I turned the truck on and the ac on and was greeted with the sound of an airplane taking off. It was a stupid single leaf that had fell off the filter. Luckily the shop vac was able to blow it back out.
I made sure I used a piece of cardboard for the Impala when I changed it's cabin filter next.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
One thing I can add about the filter change is you might want to slide a piece of paper or thin cardboard underneath the filter before removing it. That way if any junk falls off the filter when removing it, it won't fall down into the blower fan which can and will cause noise.
I recently changed the filter on my 15 Sierra and I didn't use anything under the filter, just pulled it out. When I was done I turned the truck on and the ac on and was greeted with the sound of an airplane taking off. It was a stupid single leaf that had fell off the filter. Luckily the shop vac was able to blow it back out.
I made sure I used a piece of cardboard for the Impala when I changed it's cabin filter next.
Excellent advice.

I also found that when replacing the HVAC air filter on my 2014 Impala 2LTZ, the filter is a tight-fit.

To make the installation of the filter easier, I use both thumbs to push the left and right edge of the filter into the housing. If you push in the middle of the edge of the filter (with one finger or thumb), the end buckles somewhat and causes the filter to bind.

·
Registered
139 Posts
"The 2015 Impala does not use Freon as a refrigerant."

R-134a is presently the only EPA approved refrigerant for automotive use.*If R-134a is not Freon, what is it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
R-134a is presently the only EPA approved refrigerant for automotive use.*If R-134a is not Freon, what is it?
Freon is a trade name for the refrigerants R-12, R-13B1, R-22, R-410A, R-502, and R-503

The Trade Names for R-134a are, Forane 134a, Genetron 134a, Florasol 134a, Suva 134a, or HFC-134a,, the names just never caught on with the public.

R-134A is not the only EPA approved refrigerant, there is also the new R-1234yf, Trade Name Opteon YF by Chemours and as Solstice YF by Honeywell. This is already being used in newer cars, R134A is slowly being phased out just as R-12 was.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Freon is a trade name for the refrigerants R-12, R-13B1, R-22, R-410A, R-502, and R-503

The Trade Names for R-134a are, Forane 134a, Genetron 134a, Florasol 134a, Suva 134a, or HFC-134a,, the names just never caught on with the public.

R-134A is not the only EPA approved refrigerant, there is also the new R-1234yf, Trade Name Opteon YF by Chemours and as Solstice YF by Honeywell. This is already being used in newer cars, R134A is slowly being phased out just as R-12 was.

I attempted to add a “Thanks” to your post, but although I was logged-in, the site issued a warning that I do not have permission to access the page.

Strange - this site is still being poorly managed. Edit: After I added this I post, the “Thank you” appeared under your post.

So - Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts