Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some searching, we dont have a 9th gen wheel and tire category do we..

I figured there would be quite a few people that have changed wheels and tires but the search in the wheel and tire doesnt come up with that much..

i think my next mod will be new 20's the LTZ wheels are just ugly in my option....

·
Registered
604 Posts
The 18s on mine look like the 20 LTZ style just smaller which are nice. 20s are too big and don't look right to me. I like the 19s, nicer wheel pattern. I want them in Black

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have the 20" wheels/tires on our 2016 LTZ and I hate them. I wanted the adaptive cruise and automatic crash avoidance and to get these, you HAVE to add the 20" wheels/tires. Ridiculous. They look okay but the car does not ride like the LTZ we test drove which had the wheels with the larger openings. Also freaking noisy. We ended up putting sound deadening (similar to Dynamat) from the rear seat well to the back bumper to cut down road noise. Helped a lot but our 1998 Camry is quieter on the highway. I would sure like to know why they make you buy the big wheels and tires..Better stopping power for the automatic emergency braking perhaps? I'm hoping there might be a better, quieter tire than the stock Bridgestones..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with you about the 20s. I could not stand the noise from the stock stones. I changed mine to the Pirelli p7 centrato at 8000 mi. Best decision I made car is a lot quieter. I sold the stones for $250.00. I am considering dropping down to the 18s PDF chrome from Detroit wheel and tire when these ware out. I now have 20000 on car and the p7s are doing great. Also no issues with car to date I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
We have the 20" wheels/tires on our 2016 LTZ and I hate them. I wanted the adaptive cruise and automatic crash avoidance and to get these, you HAVE to add the 20" wheels/tires. Ridiculous. They look okay but the car does not ride like the LTZ we test drove which had the wheels with the larger openings. Also freaking noisy. We ended up putting sound deadening (similar to Dynamat) from the rear seat well to the back bumper to cut down road noise. Helped a lot but our 1998 Camry is quieter on the highway. I would sure like to know why they make you buy the big wheels and tires..Better stopping power for the automatic emergency braking perhaps? I'm hoping there might be a better, quieter tire than the stock Bridgestones..
Doubt it. Its all about the money and they put it in a package. You could have made the dealer bend and put the 19's on instead or no deal. Would be surprised if they called your bluff and would not do it. The 20's are to big for this car and I did not like them period. The 19's are PERFECT for this car and look much better then the 20's. At least on the LTZ/Premier model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts