Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anybody on here has tuned/ performance modded their 14+ impalas and if so what did you do? Looking into some upgrades for my own car, so if you could link any upgrades it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
if overkill is still modding the 3.6 (i know he recently stopped working on some versions of 8th or 9th gen impalas) then he is probably still using the hptuners controllers. first you pay him, then he sends the controller with instructions on how to upload your stock files to him (i think i emailed them to him compressed perhaps, it's in the instructions). then he emails back his files and you follow the rest of the files. you can literally swap files for hte motor/trans (they're seperate and one for 87 octane, 93 octane, plus your stock tune). you load one tune for the motor first then the trans tune after following the same process. i keep the controller in my car and change on the fly as desired. i've read with the 3.6 it makes a huge difference (i know it did with my 3.5), however gas mileage may suffer as you'd imagine. be warned last i knew overkill response times were slow....i mean very slow. but he is the only one i know of that offers a custom tune (plus he re-tunes for free if you add mods later). trifecta is a canned tune you cannot alter at all. some people have said trifecta is seen by the shops although some say it cannot be seen by the shops (if a shop sees the computer tune was altered they may void your warranty).

hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up an Overkill tune and throttle body just last month. Will's response time was within a day or two at most when getting stock files to him and the tune files back. Same for when I sent him data logs for a custom tune.

Along with the 80mm throttle body/CAI and tune from Overkill I also installed a Jacfab 3/4" intake spacer:
LFX Intake Spacer | JacFab LLC : Custom Design & Camaro Accessories

I am really happy with how it turned out. Feels faster and far more responsive. Also it sounds pretty bad ass when getting on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has had any transmission related issues after increasing the power output of the LFX engine. Hopefully the 6T70
transmission maximum power input is under-rated !! BECAUSE, if I have my numbers right, the max torque input is 280 ft lbs, and the horsepower is 315. Even though I would LOVE to push the engine power levels up higher, I would be nervous about over-stressing the transmission. Just saying,,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts