Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2017 LT and I’m Looking to upgrade my headlights. I’ve seen aftermarket ones that spyder makes and ones with DRL halos in them as well. As my car does not have drl halos, will these be compatible with my car? I’ve noticed some have different mounting screws for the headlights like the HID (Premier sub model) version of my headlight. Is there some sort of mounting bracket I can buy? Wiring won’t be an issue, I just want to make sure I don’t buy some aftermarket headlights and have no way to mount them or use them. I’m also looking for the best headlight with a high quality projector cause light output is very important to me. I am using HIDs right now and plan to use them with my next headlight as my front windshield is tinted. Any help or insight to the situation is greatly appreciated 🙂

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the 2017 LT and I’m Looking to upgrade my headlights. I’ve seen aftermarket ones that spyder makes and ones with DRL halos in them as well. As my car does not have drl halos, will these be compatible with my car? I’ve noticed some have different mounting screws for the headlights like the HID (Premier sub model) version of my headlight. Is there some sort of mounting bracket I can buy? Wiring won’t be an issue, I just want to make sure I don’t buy some aftermarket headlights and have no way to mount them or use them. I’m also looking for the best headlight with a high quality projector cause light output is very important to me. I am using HIDs right now and plan to use them with my next headlight as my front windshield is tinted. Any help or insight to the situation is greatly appreciated
Have you ever thought about keeping your OEM headlights & using 360° 9012 LEDs? I have a 2014 Chevy Impala & I could never get those flat-sided LEDs to work right because of the way they lock in to position...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Don't get the ones that have LEDs all over the place. If you are not able to clock the bulb properly then get some that can be clocked. The new Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 bulbs are clockable. I have the 2 stroke 2.0 9012 bulbs and although they are not clockable they were clocked just fine as is.

I have some diode dynamics SL1 LED 9012 bulbs in my 2015 Sierra pickup and they are clockable. I had to clock those.

·
Registered
2015 Impala 2LT LFX
66 Posts
I have the DTmoto LED DRL switchbacks on my 15 LT and as cook as they look, they are engineered horribly. One is that they do not work with the DRLs at all. So you have to manually keep them on to have the DRLs be on with the led strip. Stupid. Also, good luck changing or upgrading the bulbs in these since the entire assembly must be take completely out of the front bumper. Ridiculous design. Light output from the lens is marginal but not excellent. There's just no good easy way to upgrade
the Impala crappy stock lighting.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
There is an easy way to get better lighting perfomance. Get decent LED bulbs. I did that with the Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0s and it was an easy upgrade. Sure they are on all the time so I don't have the headlights on low power for DRLs but instead they stay on full bright all the time. Big deal.

I don't think I've seen any decent looking aftermarket replacement headlights for this gen of Impalas. If you spend money on junk you get junk.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I won some Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 bulbs from The Retrofit Source and decided to put them in my truck. I needed the PWM anti flicker harness and they sent some GTR Ultra 2.0 modules to me for free also which was very generous of them.

I decided to put them in my 2015 GMC Sierra truck to replace the Diode Dynamics SL1 bulbs and although the SL1 bulbs were good I think the Morimoto ones are a little better. Everything including the anti flicker module fit under the caps and the output is a little better on the road. They are supposed to warm the lenses also like halogens do to melt ice and snow but I have no idea if that's true. We do not get a lot of snow around here so not a big deal to me. They are also very easy to clock, just push in and turn.I had wanted to try them out but didn't want to pay the price. Now that I have seen and used them I think they are really good although dropping the price to $150 would be a better price.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts