Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new here but what do you guys think are the pros and cons of each wheel setup? I'm open to everyone's opinion. I am planning on doing impala ss rims on my 9C1 just because I like the way they look. But what other center caps will fit into the impala rims.( I ask because I have a caprice and am not wanting to put impala logos on it) . I have the 17" rims if that makes a difference. Thanks ahead of time!

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Dude, totally wanting to do the same and had the same question. Thanks for asking. Where did you find the 17" rims?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im happy to hear I'm not the only one. But I got the rims from the guy I purchased the car from. I'm not completely sure but I'm pretty sure I got a steal,$ 200!! I was very cautious as to make sure they weren't fake. Off topic question but can someone tell me how to upload pictures I can't seem to figure out a good way.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
The center cap can be fixed. they make a sticker you can put over it for the Buicks. I'm sure they have chevy emblems like they do for the 9C1 centers(new stickers). I think mine came from Adam Haack.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like I've heard that the center caps from something like Chevy astro vans will work? Something like that..

·
Registered
997 Posts
Which rims do you think look better? Same car, Impala SS rims in one pics, 9C1 rims in the other.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha well that's easy! Obviously the car with impala ss rims looks better. The tires for them are just so much more expensive. But as long as I can find some different center caps ill do it because as you just showed they look so much better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The center caps on Monte Carlos have just the bowtie emblem.. I believe they are only in red, (the bowtie) from what I have seen anyways. I would think they would work but I can't verify that. I know the newer Impala center caps from the next generation up fit... I got my SS rims with 2 missing center caps so I just got ahold of some off a newer car

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts
Mines a 9c1 with SS rims...... Came on the Car...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Impala SS rims are 255/50/17

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine have 285/40/17 out back, 255/45/17 front.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine have 285/40/17 out back, 255/45/17 front.
Is one better than the other? And will 255/50/17 work? Gonna try to get my tires and rims on it this weekend.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
As long as the diameter of the tire is the same, and it doesn't rub anything, it's fine. Wider gives you a bigger contact patch for better traction, different sizes front and rear can help balance traction, but you can't rotate your tires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As long as the diameter of the tire is the same, and it doesn't rub anything, it's fine. Wider gives you a bigger contact patch for better traction, different sizes front and rear can help balance traction, but you can't rotate your tires.
So what size would you recommend? Cause I was reading some other threads and it seems like some people don't think 255/50/17 is any good.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Don't know, I haven't really done any research on it. I would think that size would be fine, but you should ask why they don't think that size is good. They may or may not have good reasons.

·
Freestyle Bullfighter
445 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've been looking around for some nice tires to throw on my rims.. They would be for summer use only and I want them to be able to hook up really well. Any good suggestions? Cowboy, that's a pretty good deal, how do you like the performance of them?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Stay away from toyo, that's my only advice. A caprice I used to have had a set of 800 ultras on it, the warmer they got, the slipperier they got. If I did a power brake at a light, it was like driving on ice when it turned green.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts