Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
9C3 is the police covered car (Undercover), looks like any LT, BUT, NO LT Emblem on the back, NO Alloy wheels
9C1 is the regular police car

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2007 9c1, amazing car. If you guys have any questions about them fire away, I've got answers.
I am going to look at an '08 pp tomorrow with 63k (3.9l v6). I have noticed from doing research on this forum one of the main problems with this car in the civilian model is excessive oil consumption. Have you noticed this with the pp version? Also, since you have been driving it now what other issues have you had? I currently drive an '00 town car and besides the amount of gas it sucks up it has been an absolute gem mechanical wise. So noticing some of the problems that are repeated with this gen 8 impala, it is making me double think about switching over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an 06 and was wondering what are the major problems with these transmissions or are they same problematic like the civilian cars?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am going to look at an '08 pp tomorrow with 63k (3.9l v6). I have noticed from doing research on this forum one of the main problems with this car in the civilian model is excessive oil consumption. Have you noticed this with the pp version? Also, since you have been driving it now what other issues have you had? I currently drive an '00 town car and besides the amount of gas it sucks up it has been an absolute gem mechanical wise. So noticing some of the problems that are repeated with this gen 8 impala, it is making me double think about switching over.
I noticed I have to add about 1 quart of oil between my 3000K mile oil change. Honestly it really hasn't been much of a problem for me. This is in my '07 9C1 Impala w/ 160K miles. I have owned the car for over two years now and it still runs and drives like new. I have had no failures of any kind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts