Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 96 limited with heated seats. the left side light comes on but no heat .right side light doesn't come on and no heat.fuse or bad heaters?
also have a dark gray 95.not a limited. been driving it for 6 years.both cars run very good.was going to use engine and transmission out of one of the cars for my 53 chevy wagon but to much computer stuff to mess with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What are the odds I'd come across this thread at this time? This is the first time since I've owned my '96 Roadie wagon that I too have a left side seat that now doesn't heat up on either setting even though the switch light is on. I think first thing I'll check is the fuse. I should also check to see if the right side is working properly. I'll check tomorrow (Sunday my day off),and post an update.

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
I never had a problem with the seat heaters on my Roady so all I could suggest would be pulling out the multimeter.

Far as the engine for a retrofit, the computer isn't that bad, a LOT of the wires are actually for the car more than the computer and the wiring can be greatly reduced. That said for the most part I would skip right to an LS like a 5.3l from a truck for retrofits.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was suggested at the GM Longroof Forum the trouble we are having with the seat heater is a broken section of the heating element, which is supposed to be a common problem with these older vehicles.
Should be a p.i.t.a. to correct, but do-able .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts