Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my short time of owning a 96 Roadie, I have noticed that one of the electric cooling fans will come on when the defroster or air conditioning is being operated. My question is; seems like only one fan comes on and that is the one closest to the battery. When are both fans supposed to come on,or does it sound like I have a problem with the other fan? Thanks in advance for your help. ed

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
prob comes on when its near overheating if ever i have my 2 caprice fans hard wired to my underhood fuse box and there ALWAYS running , keeeps my car cool but a little to cool in winter months when u wan heat right away o well though

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm having issues with the fans in my 94, here's the deal.....

my fans would only work with the AC on and when the compressor seized i unplugged the clutch and my fans still worked and now that i have deleted my AC compressor completely the fans no longer work at all, temp gets above 3/4 if i stay still too long, would probably go higher if i let it, i have checked the fuses and they're all good, i don't see any bare wires anywhere that would ground the fans, they just simply don't work anymore, i know there are 2 fan relays under the hood, 1 primary and 1 secondary and I'll be changing those out in the next week or so but any advise is welcome at this point.....

thanks

also, it looks like i don't have a thermostat for the fans, can anyone tell me what it looks like and where to find it so i can double check that, pics are worth 1000 words.......

thanks again

·
Registered
997 Posts
The fans run independently. They each have their own coolant temp threshold(around 210/220), and they each have their own A/C head pressure thresholds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts