Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Stock for stock straight line, 8th gen. End of story. Which car is better made, cooler, more stylish, more predictable handling, win goes to the 6th gen.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Stock for stock, the LS4 SS will win hands down. Its going to take quite a bit of modding for the 6th gen to beat an 8th gen just short of doing heads and cam. But its not impossible to accomplish.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
If you got a retart stomping the pedal spinning the tires and can't tame torque steer on the 8th gen then the 6th gen will blow it away.

Iv seen so many Damn people with 8th gen ss impalas that have no clue how to drive let alone launch a car.

And it makes a huge difference how long the race is. Stop light race, 1/8th mile, 1/4mile, 1/2mile, ect
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
I don't think the length of the race changes things. A bad launch in the 8th gen, would affect things. Assuming stock and acceptable launches in both, 8th gen walks away and 6th gen never catches up. 8th gen faster 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, top speed. This is not a debate about which is a better car, simply faster. Just in case anybody is wondering, I like the 6th gen better, but to bet on one aginst an 8th gen in a stock race would be foolish.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Honestly it's not even fair to compare. Even though we are just answering the op but

Bbodies have 3.08 gears, cam for high tq, over 400lbs more weight, and a dated lt motor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I agree not fair at all. But that was the question. Agree with you too that launching an 8th SS is a bitch. I could never perfect it. I tried and tried and sucked, so I bought the AWD Ford. LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
I would expect a lighter car with 40hp more to be quicker.
What do the 5.3L cars run the quarter in?
Bone stock the b-bodies were low 15s with a few sneaking into high 14s, a few boltons will net 13s easily. The fastest full 6th gen went 12.3. I doubt there are many fwd cars quicker than that even with engine mods.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Get a Camaro and smoke em both! :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts