Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4L60E- When on drive and suddenly step on the gas I hear a grinding noise coming from my transmission. Anyone have any idea what this could be? thank you...

·
Registered
18 Posts
when is the last time you changed your fluid, i has 22s on my 9c1 when i was on the freeway i steped on the gas, i heard my tranny grind and then i smelled the fluid my friend had the same problem he has 24s if your tranny has high miles like mines the wheels wear it out quicker i asked around other people with big rims alot of them had put shift kits or rebuild their tranny with high performance parts,hope it helps out
The real solution to larger wheels and tires is to regear the rearend . Just like four wheelers do to return the vehicle to the same rpm it used to cruise at when stock .

As for the 4l60e , I have one in a pickup that makes that noise in 3rd , and in my case at 204,000 miles its just worn out now .

·
Registered
199 Posts
if its grinding something internal is going. And a fluid flush wont help.
Take a look at out transmissions and lmk if we can help
www.cpt4l60e.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
The real solution to larger wheels and tires is to regear the rearend . Just like four wheelers do to return the vehicle to the same rpm it used to cruise at when stock .

As for the 4l60e , I have one in a pickup that makes that noise in 3rd , and in my case at 204,000 miles its just worn out now .
i have a 9c1 state trooper car when you take it out of park it goes into first gear,but when you come into a full stop it goes into 3rd gear and change the speed sensors and know it makes a wierd sound from the tranny as you go faster it gets louder i matched both sensors up they are the same size

1 - 4 of 4 Posts