Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 96 9c1 that had a 4.3 but I put in a 5.7 from my 94 fleetwood and kept the 96 tranny and i wanted to find out about adding oil and transmission coolers also programing the pcm that i got out of a 95 9c1 N WASSUP 2 EVRY1

G

·
Hi EJ and welcome.

You can find the coolers new or if you are in a pinch, you can grab one from a 9c1 at the junkyard. Just make sure to flush it and the lines out.

You are going to hear a lot of different opinions on tuners. My car was tuned by Ed Wright www.fastchip.com and it runs like a champ. I have heard great things about PCMforLess too.

What other mods are you planning on doing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna make it look like impala ss but im tryin to find out the lil things that i have to do to the engine n tranny etc. to make it run like a beast

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
You may not want to put the 95 PCM in to this 96 car. Reason is that 95 was the last year for the OBD-I series computers, 96 came out with the OBD-II computers. They may not interchange. Have that checked before installing. There are some more and/or different sensors on the OBD-II than the previous series. One example is the O2 sensor(s) behind the cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts