Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sort of a Caddy freak (I own three now) and I'm looking to buya fourth (I know, wierd). Anyway, I was looking for specifically a DHS-I really like the wood steering wheel, but I just recently ran across this IMMACULATE condition 96 Fleetwood that still has that really rich Cadillac smell to it. The price is right, but I'm wondering if a newer DHS would be the better option. I figured the money I saved on buying the Fleetwood would be enough for another trip to Europe this year. Any advice from Fleetwood owners on here?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assume the Fleetwood is much less $$$ than any used DHS. They are not the same car, even though they look kinda similar. The Fleetwood has very old, but proven technology (like the Corvette LS1 5.7L V8), so maintenance and repairs are going to be much less dough than a new high-tech DHS. Not to mention the Fleetwood gets higher MPGs and runs on regular, unlike the DHS requiring premium. The Fleetwood is a very sumptuous car and drives like a cloud. I assume the DHS is an even better drive. Havn't driven one. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd go with the Fleetwood. I'd feel better about the reliability being high and cost of ownership being lower than the DHS. You must have your own personal oil well to want 4 Cadillacs though, LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts