Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to start my 95 roadmaster yesterday and when I turned the key all the red lights came on in dash.engine turned over fine and it always starts first time and has for the six years I have had it .the only red light I ever see is seatbelts and a couple times chance oil light .I don't know where to start to fix this problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,936 Posts
Check for spark and fuel. Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the on position before cranking the engine? When was the last tuneup? If the distributor cap and rotor are neglected sometimes the car can run fine till you get a nice damp day.

I would like to thank you for intelligent use of the phase "turned over" on other forums you have no idea how often idiots say "my car wont turn over" when they mean it wont fire but is cranking perfectly. Really hard to help someone who can't even communicate that the starter is working fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dwayne, I will check the fuel pump and if I can figure out how to remove cap and rotor I will replace them. I always turn the key and wait 5 seconds for fuel pump to stop. po replaced cap rotor ,plugs,wires and water pump 6 years ago when I got the car.all I did was drive this car and never had any trouble with it. I am one of these guys that works on project cars all year that I might drive 4 times a year and never work on the car that I drive every day and depend on on it for everything.sad very sad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the 95 will have to sit for awhile ,its only 16 outside so I got the 96 limited out of the shop and will drive it. got it just before thanksgiving .had it on lift checking it out. only problem I found is the pass key and air bag light stays on.owners manual says take it to dealer. yeh right. got about 2 more weeks work left on my 53 chevy wagon then my 51 international panel truck or my 27 buick will move on to the lift for the winter project.the 95 roadmaster might turn in to a parts car.

·
Super Moderator
3,936 Posts
It shouldn't be all that hard to figure out once you figure out if it is the fuel or spark missing.
Cold here too live sort of near Green Bay 12F and windy here, high the next couple days is going to be lower to mid teens.
Sunday a 300K mile Roady wagon leaves my garage to find a new home as a demo derby car. Then I will be able to get my truck inside during snow storms at least.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
95 is in my driveway at house.my shop is a couple 100 yards away.my son is going to help me get it down there sunday.soon as I get done with 53 wagon its going into enclosed trailer till spring and I will check the buick out. I just filled the tank with gas so I hope it isn't the fuel pump but not that big of a deal. never had to remove cap is there any tips with it being by the water pump? thanks for the info Jerry central IL

·
Super Moderator
3,936 Posts
For the cap and rotor you need to pull the waterpump and the damper, the damper does come off the hub separately. In theory without a puller but in rusty climates a puller helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts