Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the car I bought had some issues. I pulled the water pump cause it was leaking out of the weap hole. Picked up the new on and plan on putting it on first thing in the am. So I picked up the new one came home and looked at it and it is very hard to turn, is that normal or should I take it back and look at the other ones?:WTF:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It should have a little resistance, but not much. If its hard to turn, I'd exchange it before it becomes a problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
since you only have the little spline shaft to grab it does feel very stiff on the new bearings and seals. On an older style pump the fan hub gives you a LOT more leverage even if only 2" diameter instead of the 1/2" of the spline drive.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Good point, I would think as long as you resistance is consistent, ie. not sticking, and movement is smooth, no roughness or grinding, then it should be good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it was smooth all the way around, plus I checked another one at the parts house. Now I changed and, and broke the pig tail for the temp sensor. How long does it take to get all the air out of the system, and it seems to run very cool according to the gauge, or is that just cause it still has air?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts