Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i been wanting to do this for about 6 months i finally i sold the lt1 well just the short block. so if u see something on the lt1 u like ill sell it! but im putting the ls1 i had a in a camaro had it refreshed and put cnc ported gm 806 heads, ms4 cam, probe forged pistons eagle forged crank and rods, 12.56 compression c12 fuel, 300shot of nitrous. and for the swap i am using the street and performance motor mounts, a moroso oil pan made for a gen 1 camaro, ebay long tube fbody headers just incase i need to notch them i wouldnt want to do that do that do headers that cost alot. The trans is a built th400 rmvb, trans brake, and a 4500stall and for the rear 33 spline moser race axles pro spool. Strange 4:56 gears. please ask me any questions you bbody guys might have. or anyone in general. ill post more stuff as i go.

performabuilt stage 2 its going into a quick gn.

its been a nice run little lt1.

yes im going to clean up the engine bay and delete alot of crap.

need to get some coil covers asap!!!

Here's some pics with a somewhat cleaner engine bay.

\

so far i deleted the wiper tank, wiper system, coolant tank, all the ac stuff (minus the box inside the car but will get to it later) heater core lines, front sway bar, still gotta take out all the seats and carpet (putting lighter carpet and just 2 kirkeys) everything unuseful under the dash. and other stuff here and there im going to try to get it down to 3700race weight

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more pics of this install.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
def a nice project to take on glad your brave,,,, cant wait for more pics :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
well i been wanting to do this for about 6 months i finally i sold the lt1 well just the short block. so if u see something on the lt1 u like ill sell it! but im putting the ls1 i had a in a camaro had it refreshed and put cnc ported gm 806 heads, ms4 cam, probe forged pistons eagle forged crank and rods, 12.56 compression c12 fuel, 300shot of nitrous. and for the swap i am using the street and performance motor mounts, a moroso oil pan made for a gen 1 camaro, ebay long tube fbody headers just incase i need to notch them i wouldnt want to do that do that do headers that cost alot. The trans is a built th400 rmvb, trans brake, and a 4500stall and for the rear 33 spline moser race axles pro spool. Strange 4:56 gears. please ask me any questions you bbody guys might have. or anyone in general. ill post more stuff as i go.

performabuilt stage 2 its going into a quick gn.

its been a nice run little lt1.

yes im going to clean up the engine bay and delete alot of crap.

need to get some coil covers asap!!!

Here's some pics with a somewhat cleaner engine bay.

so far i deleted the wiper tank, wiper system, coolant tank, all the ac stuff (minus the box inside the car but will get to it later) heater core lines, front sway bar, still gotta take out all the seats and carpet (putting lighter carpet and just 2 kirkeys) everything unuseful under the dash. and other stuff here and there im going to try to get it down to 3700race weight

What are MY wheels doing on YOUR car :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and my goals are mid 11s all motor hopefully HOPEFULLY mid to low 10s on the bottle! i havnt done much to it the past few days. but this week ill pull out the seats,carpet, the ac/heater box under the dash and sell the stuff. i still have to cut the lt1 harness clean the engine bay. splice the ls1 harness into the car. but moneys tight since i lost my job about 3.5 months ago. so i have alot of lt1 stuff for sale. that i need to sell before i buy more ls stuff. but ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
engines lookin good your niece knows what she talking about:biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks rather tall, will it fit under a hood without a scoop?

Looks good!:eusa_clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I have a 4 inch cowl hood that I got from jason at st. And my question is why not? And I mostly gutted the interior so yes I have a lot of stuff for sale. I'm going to put some light weight carpet, a competion engineering steering colum kit, kirkey seat, chris alston 8 point moly cage (yes they sell it). I'm trying to get a pressure washer to clean the engine bay and paint it. Should have the motor in soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can't wait

I can't wait to see it when its done. I've been thinking about this for my own car since no one around here has done anything like that.
More power to you when you get it done.

By the way for more tips on ls1's if you think you might need them. Try
http://ls1tech.com/forums/
It's a great websit for more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts