Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am having an issue with my Caprice..

4.3L My Temp gauge is inop.. I replaced the temp sending unit... still nothing..

anyone have any guesses??:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Check that the wire from the temp gage to the sensor is working, you can temporarily ground it to some metal and see if the gage swings, may need a second person to help. If the gage does not swing than do a continuity test to the wire to see if it is good at both points, then check one end to ground to make sure it is not grounding. Other wise check that the gage has power and ground. If all wires are good then it would be the gage itself. Most likely one of the three wires are bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks guys I'll give the wires a check.

Tone... I'm sorry I don't have the stock wheels. Right now its on a set of steel wheels with snow tires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Which sensor did you replace? The one screwed into the passenger side of the block is where the guage gets it's reading from. The sensor in the water pump is where the PCM (engine computer) gets it's info from....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually replaced BOTH sensors... and now i've found a leak in the Radiator... So I'll be replacing THAT soon too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts