Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I need to connect my speed signal wire from my navigation to the car speed sensor wire but i am having a difficult time finding its location
can someone please help me in trying to figure out were the speed sensor wire is located on a 95 chevy caprice

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Your speed sensor is on the tail piece of the transmission . I believe it is located on the very back of the transmission and on the drive's side. This is true if it;s a 5.0L engine that you have.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Your speed sensor is on the tail piece of the transmission . I believe it is located on the very back of the transmission and on the drive's side. This is true if it;s a 5.0L engine that you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no caprice came with a 5.0 liter. no matter what motor you have, you will have a 4l60e transmission. this is just a beefed up 700r4, electronic controlled. if you dont know where to find the wire and you have to ask a forum i would recommend the you get a prfessional to install it for you. if will save you a lot of trouble. your vss sensor is located about 4 inches from the transmission mount on the drivers side of the car. the problem with this is the way it is routed on the tranny makes it hard access it without dropping the tranny. if you are dead set on doing it your self, do the homework, and find the wire where it leaves the bundle under the engine bay. cut into it and sintall a butsplice and do it right. if you screw it up you will not only lose the functoinality of your nav system but you will lose your speedometer and a multitude of computer signals ncessary to the operation of the drivetrain. BE CAREFUL. i suggest you go on mitchell1.com, and buy th diy auto repair subscription. it will give you all the schematics and info to be informed. worth every penny.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can actually find the speed sense wire in the factory radio harness.It is green with a white stripe.If your factory radio is equipped with the SCV speed controlled volume this is how it knows you are going faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts