Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the proper way to bleed the cooling system? ive change the radiator, waterpump about a month ago hoses are fine, both temp sensor have been changed , installed a 160 thermostat and also two new fan motors and fuses only thing i can thing of is the system is not being blead correctly

·
Registered
997 Posts
Get the nose of the car a little higher, then start it, and open the bleed screw until it's a steady stream. May need to be done a few times. I know a few guys, who will put a rag over the coolant tank opening, and blow into it. Bleed screw open, car off.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I guess it's up to us to guess what issue you are having, as you never really say. Could also be a bad cap...if you are having over heating issues.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
So you don't want help figuring out the problem obviously, just bleeding the cooling system.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
But you still have yet to tell us why you did those things, and why you want to know how to bleed the cooling system. I'm just saying if you want help, tell us what the problem is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my car was overheating for the last couple of weeks and and being that my car sat for 4 years I thought I would just just check everything one by one until I found out what the Problem was

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Are the fans working ? Is it boiling over ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes fans work and boils over when it's over 90 degrees outside but other then that I can hear it bubbling when I cut the car off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts