Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 95 9c1 for almost 5 years now. It has sat for the last 3 due to a bad expirience with a mechanic 3 years ago. I would love to fix it if I could find an honest mechanic or help from someone here. The cars check engine light is on. After starting the car it idles a bit ruff until it warms up a bit. Once it warms up the idle is strong, sometimes idles normal other times a bit high. All this while in park. Once the car is put in either drive or reverse the idle becomes low and lazy. If you try to drive the car it seems like it wants to almost die/bog down. If you put it back in park it sound strong when you rev up the engine in drive it sounds like a monster! If you turn off the car and attempt to restart it takes a few tries to fire up again. If you drive it the trans does not shift normal takes a bit longer to change. This shifting problem occured after leaving the bad mechanic shop I took it too 3 years ago. So Im not sure if its related to the idle problem.
I have replaced the EGR,MAF sensor, Fuel pump.
Any advise would be appreciated or info on any good shops in the tampa,florida area.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have had my 95 9c1 for almost 5 years now. It has sat for the last 3 due to a bad expirience with a mechanic 3 years ago. I would love to fix it if I could find an honest mechanic or help from someone here. The cars check engine light is on. After starting the car it idles a bit ruff until it warms up a bit. Once it warms up the idle is strong, sometimes idles normal other times a bit high. All this while in park. Once the car is put in either drive or reverse the idle becomes low and lazy. If you try to drive the car it seems like it wants to almost die/bog down. If you put it back in park it sound strong when you rev up the engine in drive it sounds like a monster! If you turn off the car and attempt to restart it takes a few tries to fire up again. If you drive it the trans does not shift normal takes a bit longer to change. This shifting problem occured after leaving the bad mechanic shop I took it too 3 years ago. So Im not sure if its related to the idle problem.
I have replaced the EGR,MAF sensor, Fuel pump.
Any advise would be appreciated or info on any good shops in the tampa,florida area.
Thanks in advance for any help.

i feel your pain w/ the shitty fkin mechanics..... but my question to u is that you live in one of the biggest states (fl) and one of the top customizing headquarters of the U.S.A. im sure u can find a good mechainc that speciallizes in b bodys ( i mean come on florida is donk fukin central !!!!!) im sure u can find someone....

an as for all the parts u replaced u shouldnt have any probs but.....

·
Registered
284 Posts
I’d suggest going to your local AutoZone and having the computer scanned. They typically do this for free. But if I had to take a stab in the dark I say IAC (idle air control valve) but you could look into meeting with the GOFASST club, everyone’s welcome, and you could ask someone there for some help.
Club and meeting info http://www.gofasst.us/monthly_mtgs.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts