Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my car to go home from work and it wouldnt start. It didnt even make any noise when i turned the ignition. All the lights went on the gauge and when i turned off the ignition tha Pass Key light stayed on. This has happened before about a month ago but i didnt pay it any mind but now i am worried that it might happen again. I use my car as a daily driver to work and back. Could it be the starter or alternator ? I know for a fact its not the battery. Or it could have something to do with the ignition. Why did the Pass Key light stay on what does that mean ? Any ideas and suggestions would really help me out a lot. Oh yeah it eventually started after about lets say 10-15 times of me turning on the ignition plus it ran fine on the drive home.Thanks guys I really would appreciate all your input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
94 impala well not start

if you passkey light stays on..9-10 times its your key...my key did not look to worn down but..go to the dealer and have a new key made it happen on my 96 impala i got a new key its was under 40 dollors ive not had a problem sence :smile:...its one of the cheapest and easy things to start with..

·
Registered
2 Posts
94 impala well not start

Go To A Dealer And Get A New Key Made...it Happen On My 96 Impala Ss..
My Car Didnt Start One Day At Work And My Keypass Light Would Stay On When I Would Turn My Inigition On And Off ..i Looked At My Key Didnt Look Bad But A Old Timer At The Shop I Was Working At Told Me To Get A New Key..i Thought He Was High Cause My Key Didnt Bad It Looked Pretty Good..but I Listened To Him And Started With The Cheapest And Easy THING AND IT WORKED I HAVNT SEE THAT LIGHT ON SENCE I GOT A NEW KEY ...sorry About The Long Story But Anyway Go Get A New Key Made....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. That sounds great. But do i have to go to a dealer or is there anywhere else i can go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really hope its just the key if not how much would it cost to get the Pass Key system reset ?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
You don't "reset it" ....this happens when the wires start to break inside the ignition system. The dealer typically tries to replace lots of things since most do not know the cheaper ways of fixing them since most no longer see our cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts