Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1994 Caprice with the 4.3 Lt1 engine :)frown: sad to say its not the 5.7 like I hoped for) I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how I can make it sound like a MONSTER. Its a single exhaust so I'm not sure if its actually an LT1 I think its the L99 but thats what the guy told me not really too pissed cause it has some get up and go... I used to be into Jap cars and did the whole turbo thing just thought I would try a little AMERICAN MUSCLE. Can anyone help me out? Also wanted to change it to a Duel exhaust.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Single exhaust can be made loud and beefy by replacing the pipe with 3" (you can do 3 " only on a single exhaust unless you have monster power) and add a flowmaster 40 series or similar. simple and cheap enough.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry, that's based on posts by other people who have done the conversion. I have an Impala, so I don't really know the drill. I don't think you're going to gain much, other than cool factor, though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 1994 Caprice with the 4.3 Lt1 engine :)frown: sad to say its not the 5.7 like I hoped for)....I'm not sure if its actually an LT1 I think its the L99.

There's no such thing as a 4.3 LT1...

It's either an LT1 (350") or a 4.3 (L99..265")

Hope this helps ya :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts