Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trans has been checked and freshened up by The Gear Box, they said it was spotless, so I had them freshen it up (new keyways, sychro's, so I was baffled, wondering what the clunking was, so I put in new clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch, throwout bearing, didn't change pilot bearing, didn't think it was bad), drive shaft looks good, with good universals, put tranny in and it still makes this noise, the car is on stands.......has anyone had this happen while in the air (no load on the tires is what I'm starting to think), 5th and 6th gear were the loudest, so I took it back to The Gear Box, he took it back apart and found nothing wrong with it, spotless like he tried telling me from the beginning, so......I'm gonna put it back in and run the piece of chevy.....can anyone help me on this one???

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could it possibly be something that loose in the trunk that is making the racket when you start the engine up, or maybe its a loose fender or bumber that tends to vibrate when the engine is running, I am probably wrong about this, but it only stands to reason that its not the transmission thats making this sound since the mechanic took a look at it and said so, they have a reputation to uphold, afterall, their continued business depends upon quality work and word of mouth from satisfied customers, so that doesn't seem like its the proble, might be something else like I have mentioned, you might just check it out just to be on the safe side.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts