Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be great, I just picked up and former state trooper caprice with an LT1 and it has a misfire issue. Changed the plugs and wires, they were old as hell. The misfire is still there. I was ready throw an opti spark at it since it looks unchanged but when I sprayed a little carb cleaner at the intake (right in the vacume hole with the intake on) the misfire went away. Ah injector right? I dunno since every time I unplugged an injector the idle changed. Anything else I should try? It's definitely gotta be fuel issue in my opinion. I really need help. Any ideas would be awesome thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
Vacuum leak or leak after the MAF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so sprayed carb cleaner all around the intake with no change. it misses hot or cold and back fires through the intake. i'm gonna do a compression test next. has anybody ever delt with this???

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Find more vacuum areas, it still sounds like a leak to me. Also, might want to do the cap and rotor when you do plugs and wires, especially before blaming the opti.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
x2 on cap and rotor. Shouldn't be too expensive and falls under routine maintenance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still dealing with this headache. cap and rotor were horrible replaced them and the vacuum lines going to them. did an ohm check on all the injectors they all checked out @ 13. could this be an 02 sensor issue? did a smoke test no vacuum leaks. i do get a back fire through the intake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts