Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 impala and want to put 94 stock impala rims on it i know the bolt patterns dont match but is there any possible way i can get them on there?

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I would guess there would be big issues with backspacing as well.

Why don't you want to proper FWD rims? Is it because they are 16"?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just really like those rims and i dont really want to buy no expensive rims

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
go to a tire store and ask them if they would rub w/ adapters....
there are special companies that make rim adapters for just about anything i.e. going from chevy custom rims maybe to fit a ford ( but ive never owned a fwd so u will ahve to check for yourself )

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
i just really like those rims and i dont really want to buy no expensive rims
GM has a rim that looks just like it specifically sold on the FWD Impalas, was a factory option and would fit perfectly without adapters or anything.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have never seen an adapter that adds positive offset and that's what would be needed to get most RWD rims to work properly on a FWD car. Most [OEM] RWD car rims are close to zero offset. [There are specialty aftermarket "deep dish" rims with extreme negative offset but most are close to zero.] FWD have various amounts of offset but it's almost always a significant positve amount.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

The other way (FWD rim on a RWD) is possible because the adapter is also a spacer and therefore adds negative offset to the positve offset of the FWD rim to get it closer to zero for the RWD car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts