Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of I would like to welcome my self 2 this forum hi every body,im haveing a problem with my 93 ltz caprice ,when I'll start it up it will run about 5 minutes than shut right off, i changed the full pump and its still shutting off,it was running fine last week i had no problems till yesterday what could be the problem!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Possibilities

unfortunately are nearly endless. What it sounds like to me is that it's running cold on the computer's stored cold run fuel maps, then as it starts to warm up, and the sensors (should) start working the computer tries to run off the sensors input, and it dies. I'd venture to guess you have one or more bad sensors. Testing them is fairly easy, with a decent multi-meter (I'd be glad to walk you through if you don't know, or can't figure out how to) or go to your local Knechts or Checker/Shcucks/Kragen or Napa (many others also) and they should be able to hook it up to a diagnostic scan tool (usually free). Or you can go to a shop.

·
Registered
557 Posts
First of what motor does it have 5.0 or 5.7? It really sounds like a pick up coil issue. Its happened to a lot of my customers numerous times. And I've ended up replacing the distributor. An ignition module can also do that, but that comes with a new distributor anyway. It sounds to me like that's the most likely problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts