Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surely somebody knows this, how do you take the exterior mirrors off an 8th gen Impala? I may be putting vinyl on the chrome strip under the windows today, and if that's the case, I'd like to at least have them loose so I could hold them up while my fiance cuts the vinyl. Also, if there's a clip or something that's prone to breaking when you take them of let me know, if that's the case I'll just leave them on.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Take off the door panel, and the little cover that goes above it on the back side of the mirror. There are 3 10mm nuts holding the mirror on, remove those, unplug the connector, and thats it.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks king, it's a shame i have to take the door panel off to take the little triangle off. how to i take the door panel off?

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I don't mean toask about everything, it's just that I've learned from experience how easy it is to break GM fasteners, and I'd prefer not to irreparably damage something.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Thanks! I don't mean toask about everything, it's just that I've learned from experience how easy it is to break GM fasteners, and I'd prefer not to irreparably damage something.
yeah, i bought one of the plastic trim fastener removal tool, from oreillys, wrapped a cloth around it and pried it open, you got to put a bit of pressure but they come right out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts