Impala Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Find Your Car: Used Impala Listings Near Lansing, MI 48912 - AutoTrader.com

Seems like 09 SS prices are actually up from when I purchased mine more than a year ago (2/10). Anybody notice this trend where you are? Very strange. These prices generally seem high to me. I would have pegged my 09 SS with 39K miles currently, and all four availabale options, still under Certified warrantee, as being advertised at dealers at around 17K. And, of course, selling for less. But the advertised prices themselves are higher than a year ago, and the cars obviously have more miles on them in general too than a year ago.

If it was one or two cars, it would be a fluke and the dealers were simply asking too much. But here are the 15 listings within 200 miles of me....... Generally higher than a year ago. Anybody else surprised? Fourteen of the fifteen are priced $18990-$22900, some with miles up to 59K, missing options and not certified.

·
Super Moderator
7,058 Posts
The trend may be increasing among all few year old cars. With the earth quake and such in Japan there won't be many new Japanese models to fill the lots. Many of the with in few year old cars have gained value. Also people are holding onto the older cars longer than in the past.

I have seen mine go up and fall a tad since last summer.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
I bought mine with 28k for 16. Found one last week with 34k and they wanted 21.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The trend may be increasing among all few year old cars. With the earth quake and such in Japan there won't be many new Japanese models to fill the lots. Many of the with in few year old cars have gained value. Also people are holding onto the older cars longer than in the past.

I have seen mine go up and fall a tad since last summer.
That is kind of an explanation I was looking for - makes sense. Maybe that and also due to the fact that so many people stopping leasing in 2008/2009. So, the supply of 2-3 year old used cars has also decreased.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought my 2010 (base model) last August for 16 grand with just under 20,000 miles. A quick check at the same dealership's website shows both a base model and an LT for 16,950, the base with 28,000 miles, and the LT with almost 48,000 miles.

With the recent spike in fuel prices, people are also asking more for smaller cars such as Geo Metros than they are worth.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The Chevy dealer where I bought my car has an exact same car as me for sale. White/Tan, sunroof, and more miles, they want almost 17g's for it. I paid less for mine with lower miles..

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, it is not just in my area and I am not imagining it. I cannot buy my car for what I paid for it 15 months ago with 12k less miles.

In February of 2010 I paid 18,900 including all BS fees and taxes for my 09 SS, with BOSE, 6 disk CD, sunroof, moldings (all four available options in 09) with 26K miles on it, certified, including a GMPP zero deductible bumper to bumper for 5 years and 60K miles.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ LOL. Goona be a hard sell with the new DI V6 and 6 speed that may run 0-60 in under 7 seconds getting 30 MPG highway - if all the propaganda is true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.