Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is another part\year that will interchange with the driver's side exhaust hanger for 2009 impala? I have an LT, and just bought the MagnaFlow cat-back kit for it, but the driver's side hanger is missing.... If anybody has one for sale, I will buy it!! :)

Thanks,
Barfly

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not sure what you mean... There is a hangar on the muffler on the catback system. That mates to a rubber, and that rubber should be all you need... can be found at the dealership for short money.

As I understand it, all the impalas, whether dual exit or single, are equipped for a dual exhaust, and all you need is that rubber. I suppose I could be misinformed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I understand it, all the impalas, whether dual exit or single, are equipped for a dual exhaust, and all you need is that rubber. I suppose I could be misinformed.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. there is a hanger missing from the driver side on the impalas that came with the 3.6 V6 (single exhaust). The piece missing is the hooks that the rubber bushings hook onto.

I found a dealer here in Issaquah who ordered it for me, but the jackasses lost the damn thing before they could move it from a neighboring town only 30 mins away.... They offered to order me another, but it is not supposed to be here till tomorrow... and they gouged the crap outta me pricewise....

$40 for the two rubber bushings, and the bolt on hanger.... <sigh>

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, this is not the case. there is a hanger missing from the driver side on the impalas that came with the 3.6 V6 (single exhaust).

my bad... meant to say 3.5L.... :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, i finally got all my parts and got the exhaust put on. While i am not extremely impressed with the sound, i know it will change as the fiberglass burns in the resonator... (might take resonator out as well).

Here is how it looks. I like the tips: